« Sweet, savory and easy. »
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) pork tenderloin
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Gala apple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Prep : 15 m Cook : 30 m Ready In : 55 m
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the tenderloin without folding it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the pork tenderloin on all sides. Remove the browned tenderloin to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle all sides of the meat with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Cook and stir the onion and apple in the same skillet over medium heat until the onion becomes soft, about 5 minutes, and pour in the Riesling wine. Scrape all the browned flavor bits off the bottom of the skillet and stir to help dissolve them into the wine. Bring to a boil, and pour the onion, apple, and wine mixture over the tenderloin.
- Mix together the apple jelly and balsamic vinegar in a bowl until the mixture is smooth and without lumps. Spread the jelly mixture all over the pork.
- Bake loin in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), 30 to 45 minutes. Allow the tenderloin to rest for 10 minutes before slicing, and serve each slice with a spoonful of the apple-onion mixture.
Source : allrecipes.com