« Guatemalan version of rice pudding. Serve hot or cold. »
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
Prep : 5 m Cook : 45 m Ready In : 1 h 20 m
- Combine water and rice in a bowl. Let soak, at least 30 minutes.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir milk, sugar, salt, and cinnamon stick into the saucepan. Simmer until thick and the consistency of pudding, about 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com