« My husband said this is the best quiche he’s ever tried! The combination of caramelized onion, bacon, and Cheddar cheese is perfect. »
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep : 20 m Cook : 1 h 45 m Ready In : 2 h 25 m
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Let cool 10 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
- Roll out pastry crust into a circle using a lightly floured rolling pin. Line a 9-inch pie pan with crust. Prick holes into the base of the dough using a fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry crust from the oven. Brush crust with beaten egg. Return crust to the oven and bake 5 minutes more.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in onion. Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 40 minutes more.
- Whisk 2 eggs together in a bowl using a fork. Add sour cream and cream cheese and beat using an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in salt and pepper.
- Spread caramelized onions with remaining butter onto pastry crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 the Cheddar cheese. Place crumbled bacon evenly over the top. Pour egg mixture over bacon. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake quiche in the preheated oven until golden and fluffy, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com