« Having lived by the Chesapeake Bay on Kent Island, MD nearly my whole life, I was challenged to develop this authentic Maryland style crab cake about a year ago. Many people claim to have the true Maryland crab cake, but this one uses all lump meat with almost no filler added and tastes incredible! Let me know what you think! »
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay(TM)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product
- 1 pound lump crab meat
Prep : 15 m Cook : 25 m Ready In : 40 m
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine bread crumbs, baking powder, parsley, mustard powder, pepper, and seafood seasoning; set aside. Stir together mayonnaise, butter, Worcestershire, and egg product until smooth. Fold in crab meat, then fold in bread crumb mixture until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 12 crab cakes, about 3/4 inch thick, and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn the crab cakes over, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until nicely browned.
Source : allrecipes.com