- 1 (19oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 small bag of fresh spinach (I used about half of a 5 oz package, but more is better!)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese** (softened in microwave)
- 1 lb. of ground sausage or chicken/turkey sausage
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth (start with 3, add 1 more if it looks like it needs it)
Brown the sausage and put all ingredients in crockpot,
chunking up the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.
*Keep an eye on your tortellini, it may be done sooner.
*If still soupy, leave lid off for the last half hour or so of cooking.
*For a vegetarian version, omit sausage and use vegetable broth instead.
**If you use neufachtel (1/3 fat of cream cheese) be prepared that it doesn’t melt as well and leaves little curds.