« This easy but delicious ham glaze has been a family holiday favorite for years! »
- 1 (6 pound) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 (6 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
Prep : 20 m Cook : 1 h 30 m Ready In : 1 h 50 m
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place the ham, cut side down, into a roasting pan.
- Cut the skin off the pineapple with a sharp knife and cut out any brown spots of skin left behind. Slice the pineapple into 1/2-inch slices and cut the cores out of the slices. Pin the slices onto the ham with toothpicks.
- Bake ham in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- While the ham is baking, mix the pineapple juice and brown sugar in a microwave-safe ceramic or glass bowl and microwave on medium power until the glaze is boiling and slightly thickened. Work carefully because the glaze will be sticky and very hot.
- Pour about half the glaze evenly over the ham and pineapple about 1 hour before the end of baking; pour the rest over the ham about 30 minutes before the end of baking.
Source : allrecipes.com