« These are perfect for those lazy weekend mornings when you have time to wake up late and still have time to cook breakfast! They are deliciously irresistible. »
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep : 10 m Cook : 30 m Ready In : 40 m
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the bacon on the prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is crispy and the brown sugar is caramelized, 10 to 15 minutes. Immediately remove the bacon to a cutting board; cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Preheat a waffle iron; grease with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat the eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla together in a separate bowl; fold the wet mixture into the flour mixture. Add the bacon and stir, being careful to not over mix.
- Ladle the batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown; serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com