« Lasagna, with its delicious layers, can take a while to put together, but it’s always worth it! This warm vegetarian version is a comfy dinner any day of the week. »
- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided, or as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 7 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 fresh sage leaves, shredded, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Prep : 30 m Cook : 1 h 30 m Ready In : 2 h
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place squash, cut-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Cover squash with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and garlic in the hot oil until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add spinach to onion; cook until spinach is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Heat 6 cups milk in a 5-quart saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until milk is simmering, about 5 minutes. Whisk remaining 1 cup milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; stir into simmering milk. Bring milk mixture to just under a boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and scraping bottom of pot to prevent scorching, until milk mixture has thickened into a sauce, about 5 minutes; remove pot from heat.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, honey, nutmeg, sage, salt, and pepper into sauce until smooth. Cover pot with a lid and keep warm over low heat.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Scrape flesh from butternut squash into a bowl; stir with a fork until evenly mashed. Stir ginger, salt, and pepper into mashed butternut squash.
- Spoon about 1 cup white sauce into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish; arrange a layer of noodles atop white sauce. Layer 1/2 butternut squash mixture, 1/5 remaining white sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, 1/5 white sauce, noodles, 1/2 the mozzarella cheese, mushroom mixture, 1/5 white sauce, noodles, remaining 1/2 butternut squash mixture, 1/5 the white sauce, remaining noodles, remaining 1/5 white sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, respectively. Cover dish with aluminum foil and place dish on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake until bubbling and cheese is browned, about 15 more minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com