« When it comes to deciding what to bring to a cookout, this super easy cast iron cornbread is the clear winner. You don’t even need a cast iron pan! Ribs or brisket are great, though not cheap, while a bag of chips is just weak sauce. On the other hand, this cornbread is very inexpensive to make, but that’ll be the last thing anyone will be thinking about as they eat. In fact, you’ll probably be asked to bring it to the next gathering! »
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
Prep : 10 m Cook : 25 m Ready In : 35 m
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet. Turn off heat and set butter aside until needed.
- Combine cornmeal, salt, cayenne, honey, eggs, and buttermilk. Whisk to combine. Add flour and 1/2 the butter from the pan; whisk again. Pour batter over the remaining butter in the skillet
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool briefly before slicing.
Source : allrecipes.com