« This soul-warming soup is deliciously simple — just chicken and noodles. What makes it so good is the homemade roasted chicken stock. »
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons melted chicken fat
- 2 quarts roasted chicken broth (see footnote for recipe link)
- 4 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep : 20 m Cook : 20 m Ready In : 40 m
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Stir in carrot, onion, celery, salt, and fresh thyme. Stir in chicken fat; cook and stir until the onions turn soft and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in roasted chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Season to taste with salt, if necessary; stir in egg noodles and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken breast meat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to taste.
Source : allrecipes.com