« These cool peppermint patties are made with mashed potatoes. »
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Prep : 45 m Cook : 5 m Ready In : 8 h 50 m
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, salt, butter, and peppermint extract. Gradually mix in confectioners’ sugar; mix in enough to make a workable dough, between 6 and 8 cups.
- Knead slightly, and roll into cherry-size balls. Flatten balls to form patties. Arrange on sheets of wax paper, and allow to dry overnight.
- Place chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Dip patties in melted chocolate, and let cool on wax paper.
Source : allrecipes.com