- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour –
- 1 teaspoon salt –
- 1 teaspoons baking powder –
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar –
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract –
- 1 large egg –
- 1/2 cup oreo crumbs
- 1-2 cans (21 oz) cherries or cherry pie filling
- icing or powdered sugar – for dusting if desired
- cooking spray
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Using a handheld or stand mixer beat cream cheese, butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Reduce your speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until blended. Cover and place dough in your refrigerator for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to bake your cookies preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and cooking spray or just parchment paper. Set aside. Place your oreo crumbs on a shallow plate. Set aside. Roll all of the dough into 1 1/2 – 2 inch balls. Next, using your thumb or a teaspoon, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Enough to hold 2 or 3 cherries. Roll each cookie in your oreo crumbs and place on your prepared sheet. These cookies will spread so we try to keep the cookies 1 1/2 – 2 inches a[part on our baking sheet. Place 2 or 3 cherries in side each indentation or hole. Bake until dark around the edges, 13 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets for at least 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to a wire rack if desired. Dust with icing or powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.com