« Shrimp sauteed in cilantro, garlic, lime, salsa, and white wine. So simple, yet so delicious! A twist on the usual garlicky sauteed shrimp. The best shrimp recipe I have ever eaten. Served with tortillas or over rice. »
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, tails removed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, or to taste, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped, or more to taste
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 small red chile pepper, pureed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, or to taste
Prep : 15 m Cook : 10 m Ready In : 25 m
- Toss shrimp and half the cilantro together in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion until translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute until browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir salsa, red bell pepper, white wine, red chile pepper puree, lemon juice, and lime juice into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp to salsa mixture; cook and stir until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with remaining cilantro and add more lemon or lime juice to taste.
Source : allrecipes.com