« Simple meatballs with an unusual chili sauce/grape jelly coating. Quite a combination of tastes and textures. Note: After cooking, I like to keep the meatballs warm in a slow cooker until ready to serve. »
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 12 fluid ounces tomato-based chili sauce
- 1 1/4 cups grape jelly
Prep : 25 m Cook : 40 m Ready In : 1 h 10 m
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and ground black pepper. Mix together, and shape into meatballs.
- In a large skillet, heat shortening over medium heat. Add meatballs, and cook until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- Add chili sauce and jelly to skillet; heat, stirring, until jelly is melted. Return meatballs to skillet, and stir until coated. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com