- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Whisk sugar into heavy cream in small bowl. Stir in thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Combine chicken and potatoes in prepared baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon and 1 cup of cheese. Pour seasoned cream over casserole. Dot with butter.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake 15 to 20 until cheese melts and casserole is bubbly. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.