« I made up this recipe when I got sick of the bland, over-salted ones from stores and cans. It’s creamy but very light. Sooo delicious! »
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 bulb garlic
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large stalks celery, diced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together with kitchen twine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups diced cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Prep : 20 m Cook : 1 h 12 m Ready In : 1 h 32 m
- Bring chicken stock, garlic bulb, peppercorns, and bay leaf to a boil in a large pot. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until flavors combine, about 35 minutes. Strain out garlic bulb, peppercorns, and bay leaf from the stock.
- Stir onion, carrots, celery, thyme, salt, Italian seasoning, celery leaves, and black pepper into the stock. Simmer over medium-low heat until carrots are tender, about 18 minutes. Bring to a gentle boil; stir in egg noodles and corn. Cook until noodles are tender yet still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Discard thyme bundle.
- Stir chicken and cream into the pot; simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com