- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for baking dish
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- dash paprika
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking dish and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about three minutes. Add broccoli and cook about five minutes or until just tender. Transfer vegetables to prepared pan.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, Romano cheese, salt, pepper and oregano. Whisk in rice flour. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika and bake until set, about 35 minutes. Cool quiche 10 minutes before serving.