« Delicious mushroom caps filled with a clam stuffing! Very easy, and even better than the stuffed mushrooms from that famous Italian restaurant chain…. Garnish with lemon wedges when serving. »
- 20 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Prep : 20 m Cook : 30 m Ready In : 50 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange mushroom caps hollow side up in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together minced clams, garlic, Parmesan cheese, onion, bread crumbs, green bell pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning and black pepper. Slowly stir in approximately 1/2 the butter, enough to make the mixture slightly moist.
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Source : allrecipes.com