« Great way to use the Easter ham bone. »
- 3 quarts water
- 1 ham bone
- 5 potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light whipping cream
Prep : 20 m Cook : 1 h 55 m Ready In : 10 h 15 m
- Bring 3 quarts water and ham bone to a boil in a large stock pot. Boil until meat from the bone comes off easily, about 1 hour. Remove bone from broth. Allow bone to cool enough to touch; remove as much meat from as possible. Transfer meat to a resealable plastic bag, seal, and refrigerate.
- Pour broth into a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight. Skim and discard any fat from the top of the chilled broth; transfer broth to a large pot.
- Bring broth to a boil; add potatoes, cabbage, celery, and reserved ham. Continue to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk 1/2 cup water and flour in a bowl; whisk into potato-ham soup until thickened. Add light cream; stir.
Source : allrecipes.com