« Rolled tacos; these are the best. I learned how to make them and my husband loved them. »
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- oil for frying, or as needed
Prep : 30 m Cook : 20 m Ready In : 50 m
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; stir flour into butter until smooth. Add onion to flour-butter mixture; cook and stir until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix black olives, lemon juice, oil, paprika, black pepper, and salt into onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken into mixture and remove skillet from heat and cover.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or deep-fryer.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. Roll tortilla around filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Fry the rolled tortillas, working in batches, in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer fried tortillas to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon or tongs.
Source : allrecipes.com