« This pie crust is my personal favorite and is made using a food processor, which makes cutting the butter into the flour very simple. By the way, you can make a double batch of this, and freeze the individually wrapped dough for future pie-related adventures. »
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter – chilled, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Prep : 10 m Ready In : 40 m
- Combine flour, salt, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 10 1-second pulses.
- Stir water and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Pour half the ice water and vinegar mixture into the flour and butter mixture. Pulse to combine, about 3 (1-second) pulses. Pour in remaining ice water and vinegar mixture. Pulse until mixture just starts to come together, about 8 (1-second) pulses.
- Turn dough out onto a wooden surface, pat into round shape and divide in half. Form each half into a disc about 5 inches wide.
- Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until ready to use.
Source : allrecipes.com