« This easy-to-prepare eggplant appetizer tastes great and can be made a little bit ahead of time. It goes especially well with roasted pork tenderloin and pasta. My girlfriend loved it–what more can I ask for?!!!!!!! »
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 large eggplant
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
Prep : 5 m Cook : 30 m Ready In : 35 m
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
- Slice the eggplant into 8 round slices, each 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Trim the skin, maintaining the round shape of the slices. In a small bowl, whip together the egg and water. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate small bowl.
- Dip the eggplant slices one at a time into the egg and water mixture, then into the breadcrumbs. One by one, place the coated slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet or pizza pan. Top the slices with equal amounts of tomato, Parmesan cheese and Italian-style salad dressing.
- Bake in the preheated oven approximately 15 minutes. Change oven setting to broil, and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes. Check the slices frequently while broiling to avoid burning.
Source : allrecipes.com