« This dish has a nice bite to it with lots of cheese. It is equally delicious with cooked pork or beef. »
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup chopped Spanish onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped green chile peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 12 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- canola oil for frying
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Prep : 45 m Cook : 20 m Ready In : 1 h 5 m
- Prepare salsa verde: Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Saute the onion until soft. Stir in the flour. Add the broth, then add the chiles, garlic, salt, and cumin. Simmer about 15 minutes to blend flavors, then set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- In a heavy skillet, lightly fry tortillas in shallow oil, being careful not to make them too crisp to roll. Combine the cheeses and keep 1/2 cup aside for topping. Dip each tortilla in salsa verde (both sides.) Place 2 heaping tablespoons chicken and about 2 tablespoons cheese down the center of each; roll and place seam side down in a shallow dish.
- After all the rolled tortillas are in the dish, spoon additional salsa verde over them and then cover evenly with heavy cream. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese mixture, and with the green onions.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with the olives, cherry tomatoes, and with additional salsa on the side.
Source : allrecipes.com