« This is an all time favorite that has lasted me from grade school through adulthood. I’ve served it to just about everyone I know and have received nothing but rave reviews! »
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
Prep : 15 m Cook : 30 m Ready In : 45 m
- Bring the rice and water to boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Place green beans in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling water, and steam 10 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, and cook the chicken 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Mix the chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, chile paste, lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Mix in the green beans. Serve over rice. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.
Source : allrecipes.com