« I keep black beans on hand, and when I’m exhausted and don’t feel like cooking for my family, I pull out this recipe. So easy to remember, make it once, and it’s in your head forever! »
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup salsa, or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
Prep : 15 m Cook : 20 m Ready In : 35 m
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow rice to stand covered for about 10 minutes.
- Mix salsa with black beans in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in microwave oven on high until hot, about 2 minutes; stir once or twice during heating.
- Divide cooked rice into individual serving bowls.
- Top the rice with black bean mixture, chicken strips, and Cheddar cheese; garnish with fresh cilantro and dollops of sour cream.
Source : allrecipes.com