- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large banana. Be sure to measure.)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon for 20 seconds, set aside.
2. Mash bananas together with lemon juice. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together banana, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. With mixer on low speed slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips (you can set aside some of the chocolate chips to press into the tops before baking if you want them to show through).
3. Scoop dough out using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2-inches. Fill slightly heaping) and drop onto Silpat lined baking sheets spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 11 – 12 minutes (they should still be slightly soft). Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Source : allrecipes.com