« Spring is in the air! These delicious patties are a new and exciting way to enjoy asparagus. Garnish with lemon aioli (see Footnote) and fresh lemon zest. »
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 ounce Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
Prep : 20 m Cook : 15 m Ready In : 35 m
- Bring a pot of well salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Trim off up to 1 inch of the woody bottom parts of the asparagus. Cut asparagus in half if necessary to fit your pot.
- Transfer asparagus to the boiling water. Boil until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a bowl of very cold water using a slotted spoon. Let asparagus cool completely.
- Grate Pecorino Romano cheese finely using a rasp grater.
- Drain asparagus well and slice into very small pieces. Place in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add cayenne pepper, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix in 1 egg to start. Add the second egg and continue mixing until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop some of the asparagus mixture into the hot oil; flatten with a fork. Cook until bottom is browned, about 4 minutes. Flip over and brown the other side, about 4 minutes more.
Source : allrecipes.com