- ¼ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (3-4 medium cloves)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about one large lemon)
- 12 ounces dry Ditalini (or your favorite pasta)
- Zest from one lemon
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives sliced in half
- ½ cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, leaves rolled and sliced (chiffonade)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, leaves rolled and sliced (chiffonade)
- ½ cup red onions chopped
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper (about one medium pepper)
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts drained, stems left on and quartered the long way
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium sauté pan over a low flame, add oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and cook slowly for about 8 minutes or until the garlic just begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Set this mixture aside.
- Start cooking the pasta per the box directions but cook just slightly under cooked.
- While the pasta is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
- When the pasta is just a little under done, remove to a colander and drain but do not rinse.
- Place cooked drained hot pasta in a large bowl and add the flavored oil and lemon juice mixture. Stir and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Add all other prepared ingredients except feta and stir. Refrigerate until chilled then stir in the feta and serve.
Source : allrecipes.com