« This is a great recipe for sweet, fluffy crescent rolls (kind of like a croissant but more dense). »
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
Prep : 25 m Cook : 15 m Ready In : 3 h 10 m
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. Cut into 10 to 15 wedge. Roll up the wedges starting with the wide end. Place rolls with point under on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12-15 minute or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter when they come out of the oven.
Source : allrecipes.com