« This secret family pancake recipe was passed down from my grandfather. He fed a family of 7 (including 4 growing boys!) on these pancakes, and refused to give anyone the recipe until he finally relinquished it to my mother (his daughter-in-law) before he passed away. It is a long-standing family favorite! »
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons oil, or as needed
Prep : 10 m Cook : 10 m Ready In : 20 m
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; make a ‘well’ in the center of the flour mixture. Pour milk, eggs, and 1 tablespoon oil into the well. Mix until well moistened.
- Place a griddle over medium-high heat; sprinkle a few drops of water onto the griddle. If the droplets bounce, the griddle is ready; add 2 teaspoons oil.
- Spoon batter onto the griddle; cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 3 to 5 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Source : allrecipes.com