« These burgers are a slightly spicy Southwestern style sandwich. I came up with the idea for these burgers one night when I was feeling really creative, and they were a huge hit with my family. »
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded if desired and finely diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup salsa
Prep : 20 m Cook : 10 m Ready In : 40 m
- To make the guacamole, place the avocado, cilantro, sour cream, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until smooth..
- Mix chicken, canned chiles, jalapeno pepper, green onions, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill each patty 5 minutes per side, until well done. Move the patties to a cooler area of the grill to keep warm, and top each patty with a slice of Cheddar cheese. Lightly grill the buns while the cheese is melting.
- Spread the bottom of each bun with guacamole, and top with 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce and a grilled chicken burger. Spoon 1 tablespoon of salsa on each burger and top with the other half of the bun to serve.
Source : allrecipes.com