« This quick and easy acorn squash stuffed with sausage is an irresistible fall dish, and it’s all done in an Instant Pot(R). »
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 cup water
Prep : 15 m Cook : 20 m Ready In : 50 m
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)), add olive oil, and select Saute function. Add sausage, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until sausage is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1/4 cup marinara sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stuff each squash half with sausage mixture. Place trivet inside the pressure cooker pot and add water. Place stuffed squash halves on the trivet. Close and lock the lid; be sure vent is sealed. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 4 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method for 7 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Carefully transfer squash halves to a serving plate and top with remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Source : allrecipes.com