« This wonderful, traditionally slow-cooked recipe has been translated into a quick and easy pressure cooker meal. Using the Instant Pot(R), you get an intensely flavorful meal made in minutes that will have your family thinking you simmered this all day. Serve over spaghetti noodles, rice, cauliflower rice, or eat as a stew! »
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Prep : 15 m Cook : 40 m Ready In : 1 h
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in the pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) on « Saute » mode; add chicken. Cook until browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate, reserving drippings in the pot.
- Place celery, onion, and mushrooms in the pot; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Place chicken back in the pot; add tomatoes and tomato paste. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence. Top with water and bouillon.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build. Cook for 11 minutes.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid carefully, turning it away from you. Test chicken for doneness; an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Season the chicken to taste with red pepper flakes and black pepper.
Source : allrecipes.com