« Easy and delicious soup with a nice thickness. You can make it in the Instant Pot(R) or on the stovetop. When this cools, it will be very thick, but it thins out when reheated. Freezes very well. »
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 4 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons pearl barley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Prep : 15 m Cook : 45 m Ready In : 1 h 10 m
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Cook and stir beef and onion until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour in beef consomme, tomatoes, water, and tomato soup. Add carrots, celery, barley, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Close and lock the lid. Select Soup function; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 10 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com