« Yummy Japanese dessert and comfort food, good served cold or hot. Japanese desserts are not too sweet, more like European-style. »
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked short-grain white rice
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
Prep : 10 m Cook : 24 m Ready In : 49 m
- Slice 1/2 of 1 banana and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over it.
- Chop the remaining bananas and place in a skillet over medium heat; stir and mash until bananas become heated through, are slightly browned, and hold together in 1 ball, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix milk, rice, egg yolks, 3 tablespoons sugar, butter, and salt together in a saucepan over low heat until slightly thickened and steamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in mashed bananas until well blended and heated through. Remove from heat and refrigerate rice pudding until slightly cooled, at least 15 minutes.
- Stir whipped cream into rice pudding until well blended.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sugared banana slices until sugar has melted and caramelized, 2 to 4 minutes. Spoon over rice pudding.
Source : allrecipes.com