« Lower in fat than most risotto recipes but no one will know! I like to serve this as a main dish under some steamed halibut or other white fish. »
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Prep : 15 m Cook : 45 m Ready In : 1 h
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat; keep at a simmer while preparing risotto.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir in garlic and arborio rice; cook and stir until rice is lightly toasted, about 5 more minutes.
- Pour white wine into rice mixture, stirring constantly, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken broth into rice, one ladleful at a time, allowing liquid to absorb completely before adding more while stirring constantly, about 20 minutes. Add asparagus and stir.
- Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Source : allrecipes.com