« The addition of ricotta cheese to this lemon cake results in an airy, light, fluffy, and moist cake. The glaze will take it to another level. But if you prefer no glaze just sprinkle with powdered sugar. »
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Prep : 20 m Cook : 40 m Ready In : 1 h 40 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Mix cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed in a separate bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until well combined. Beat in ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla extract until well blended. Add flour mixture and mix until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
Source : allrecipes.com