« Mmm mmm good! This is a must do for every holiday in my household, or just when you have guests overnight! Can be made with egg substitute, skim milk and turkey sausage to make it healthier! »
- 2 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach – thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnis
Prep : 25 m Cook : 55 m Ready In : 1 h 20 m
- Spread croutons on bottom of greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Crumble sausage into medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain off any drippings. Spread sausage over croutons.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well blended. Stir in soup, spinach, mushrooms, cheeses and mustard. Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.
Source : allrecipes.com