« Low-calorie, low-carb dinners can be absolutely delicious if done right! This one is full of color, flavor, and texture. I make this one often and it is always a hit! Hope you will enjoy as well. »
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill paste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- diced dill to taste
Prep : 30 m Cook : 50 m Ready In : 1 h 20 m
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon of mixture for later use.
- Dip sliced chicken into the flour mixture to coat both sides. Place on a plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and onion and cook until soft and browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a baking dish. Cook zucchini and bell pepper in the same skillet over medium-high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the baking dish with the eggplant.
- Add additional oil to the skillet if needed and brown chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to the baking dish with the vegetables. Pour tomatoes into the same skillet and add reserved flour mixture and dill paste. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and pour into the baking dish. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh dill.
Source : allrecipes.com