« In partnership with Hillshire Farm Brand, we’re helping you make cooking easy, quick, and delicious. Here, a clever take on smoked sausage and peppers in a handheld size ideal for gatherings. »
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Hillshire Farm(R) Rope Smoked Sausage, cut in 1/4″ cubes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.1 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 (1 ounce) slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
Prep : 30 m Cook : 15 m Ready In : 1 h 5 m
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high. Add sausage; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add peppers and onion; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Stir in Worcestershire, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper. Remove from heat. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Unroll pie crusts on work surface. Cut out twelve 5-inch circles, re-rolling dough scraps as needed.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons sausage mixture into center of each circle; top with 1/2 a cheese slice. Fold each circle over into a semicircle and crimp edges with a fork to seal. Place pies on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg and water; brush over tops of pies. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com