« This is a super healthy and simplified version of a family favorite. »
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound extra-lean (95%) ground beef
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup, or to taste
Prep : 15 m Cook : 45 m Ready In : 1 h
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green bell pepper and onion in the hot oil until onion is transparent and bell pepper is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, carrot, zucchini, salt, pepper, and bell pepper mixture in a large bowl; mix well using your hands. Press meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 35 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Spread ketchup on the top of the meatloaf and continue baking until bubbling, about 5 minutes more.
Source : allrecipes.com