- 1 pound (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce (or you can use your favorite low sugar barbecue sauce), divided *
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken in baking dish and top with 1/3 of the barbecue sauce; rub in the barbecue sauce and top with pineapple chunks.
- Add remaining barbecue sauce on top and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until chicken’s internal temperature reads 165F.
- Remove from oven and serve.
source : Allrecipes.com