- 900 g (2 lb) minced lamb, browned and drained
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 115 g/4 oz tinned or frozen sweetcorn
- 4-5 large russet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 120 ml/4 fl oz whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5. Spread the cooked lamb over the bottom of a buttered, large rectangular baking dish (33 x 22 x 6 cm / 13 x 9 x 2 inch). Sprinkle the crushed rosemary and ground pepper over the lamb, and spread the sweetcorn over the top.
To make the mashed potatoes, peel and halve the potatoes. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to fall apart when pricked with a fork. Drain the potatoes and mash for a few seconds. Add the butter, milk, salt and pepper and beat until the potatoes are light and creamy.
Spread the potatoes over the filling. Bake the pie for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned. Garnish with chopped parsley. Refrigerate any remaining pie, covered, for up to 3 days.