« Zesty, easy, and quick way to make chicken tacos that are delicious and diet-friendly. Other options for toppings would be low-fat sour cream, 2% reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, and salsa. »
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 limes, juiced, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers – stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 multi-grain tortillas, or more to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Prep : 15 m Cook : 10 m Ready In : 35 m
- Combine chicken, juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in a bowl; allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Saute red bell peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers, juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender yet crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a separate non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; saute until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Layer tortillas between paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; heat in microwave until warmed, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Spoon vegetables and chicken onto tortillas; top with cilantro and lime juice.
Source : allrecipes.com