- 1 lb. ground beef (plus a touch of salt and pepper to season)
- 3 lbs. peeled russet potatoes, sliced a ¼ inch thick (about 7 cups total after being sliced)
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheese
- ½ cup chicken broth (or beef broth)
Brown the ground beef on the stove top.
Add a touch of salt and pepper to season.
In a small bowl combine the paprika, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
Add half of the potatoes in the slow cooker. Sprinkle over half of the onions, half of the seasonings, half of the meat, and half of the cheese.
Repeat the layers again.
Drizzle over the broth evenly over the layers.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.