« I love almost any squash recipe, and this one makes a great meal all by itself! Quick, easy, and one of my favorite ways to make spaghetti squash! »
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep : 25 m Cook : 1 h 19 m Ready In : 1 h 51 m
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place squash in baking pan; pour in enough boiling water to come 1/2-inch up the sides of dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven; cool until easily handled, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Scoop out squash; separate strands with a fork. Reserve shells.
- Cook beef, onion, and bell pepper in a skillet over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes; drain. Stir in garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Stir in squash; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Fill squash shells with squash mixture using a slotted spoon; place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until flavors combine, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com