« This is the kind of recipe that you just throw together. No need to truss or fuss. Pop it into a very hot oven and it is ready in a hurry. »
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prep : 15 m Cook : 1 h Ready In : 1 h 30 m
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rinse chicken thoroughly inside and out under cold running water and remove all fat. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Put chicken into a small baking pan. Rub with olive oil. Mix the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, paprika and cayenne pepper together and sprinkle over chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Lower the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and continue roasting to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 40 minutes more. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
Source : allrecipes.com