« Great topping for tacos–also a nice side dish for any type of Mexican or Tex-Mex entree! Hint: The measurements are approximate- I usually make this without any. You can use green or purple cabbage, or a combination of the two. Same goes for green or red bell peppers. For extra heat, use an additional jalapeno pepper. »
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep : 15 m Ready In : 1 h 30 m
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrot, onion, red pepper, jalapeno and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Source : allrecipes.com