« Similar to a strawberry pretzel salad, but with a much better crust! I’m not sure where this recipe came from; my aunt made it for years. »
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups coarsely broken soda crackers
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O(R) mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
Prep : 15 m Cook : 25 m Ready In : 1 h
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and sugar and beat on medium speed until stiff. Fold in cracker pieces, walnuts and vanilla. Spread into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake in preheated of for 25 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping and spread atop cooled crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the boiling water into the gelatin to dissolve. Mix in strawberries and let stand for 15 minutes. Pour over the cream cheese layer, cover and chill until serving.
Source : allrecipes.com