« Here’s a delicious stuffed pepper recipe that’s easy to make. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup. »
- 6 green bell peppers
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- water as needed
Prep : 30 m Cook : 30 m Ready In : 1 h
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
- Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Source : allrecipes.com